How to get bail against wife’s police complaint for harassment

All of us know that the Indian Law has framed many laws for protecting women against various odds that occur every now and then. In the modern scenario, it has become the need of the hour to safeguard the women against the cruelty prevailing in the world. But the sad fact is that many females and their family members take undue advantage of the laws framed for their well-being. It is not compulsory that every time a male tortures a female, sometimes can be opposite as well. If one’s wife files a complaint for false harassment on her then following, steps should be taken to get bail against it:

  • The first thing is that the person must be available for police interrogation as and when required.
  • The person shall not make any kind of inducement whether direct or indirect or any promise or threat to any person who is acquainted or familiar with the facts of the case so as to dissuade him from revealing such facts in front of the court or any police officer.
  • The person cannot leave the country without the previous permission of the Court.
  • The bail is granted under sub-section (3) of section 437 so the respective individual should fulfill any other condition imposed under this section.
  • Harassment or domestic violence is a non-bailable offence under section 498 A, therefore, an anticipatory bail may be applied for ‘prior to one’s arrest.’

If one wants to have bailed against the false allegation of harassment or domestic violence put by a wife on him or his family members, the above measures should be taken by the aggrieved so that he can be saved from the false case and unnecessary court proceedings. In case one fails to abide by the conditions mentioned, getting a bail would not be possible then. Instead, it will lead to immediate cancellation of the bail followed by police arrest.

If you need further assistance, Please contact Law office of G. S. Bagga and Associates, we Provide free consultation.